One side of my nose (where it connects with my cheeks) has a bump in it. Is there anything I can do about it?

I have quite a large nose, but I think it suits my face. The problem is the profile on one side looks a lot bigger than the other; and when I run my fingers down the sides of the nose (the bit that connects with my cheeks), the side that appears larger is slightly convex. I know I have a deviated septum, and a history of sinus problems, but the local specialists don't think it's anything to do with that. Is there anything I can do to rectify the problem? Many thanks.

Bump on the side of the nose

It is difficult to be specific without seeing you but the bump you describe may be part of the twisting/asymmetry and could be corrected with a septorhinoplasty. I would advise you to see an experienced rhinoplasty specialist in your area for a full assessment so that you can make an informed decision as to the best course of action to you. 

Best of luck.

Bump on one side of nose

Thank you for the question. Without seeing your photograph it is difficult to give an accurate opinion but nasal asymmetry with a bent septum is common.  It is not unusual for a twist to the nose to present as a convexity on one side of the nose and a concavity on the other.  On the other hand it maybe a totally separate lump that you are describing. You will need to see an experienced specialist in septorhinoplasty to give you a proper clinically-based opinion.