What shape implants do you recommend for a lollipop uplift? (photos)

What shape implants would you recommend when doing a lollipop lift? I.e round, conical, teardrop... I've heard that teardrop are heavier in base so can cause an uplift to sag due to weight. I've attached a photo of the shape I'm hoping to achieve. Are there certain shaped implants that work best wi an uplift and will minimise the pressure / weight causing more sagging? Thank you! X

What shape implants do you recommend for a lollipop uplift?

These days there are a variety of breast implants available; the variety of breast implant available raise a lot of questions from women considering breast augmentation surgery. Personally, I think that for most patients considering breast augmentation surgery, careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals, far outweigh the specific type of breast implant utilized (when it comes to the success of the breast augmentation procedure).

Anatomical breast implants were designed to better simulate the natural breast shape; the problem with these implants is that if they shift or rotate, the entire breast will change shape as well. This change in breast shape may require further surgery to correct. Round implants, under the hand, can shift or rotate without changing the shape of the breasts. Overall, I find that beautiful outcomes can be achieved with the use of round saline or silicone gel breast implants for the vast majority of patients.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Implant choice

Thank you for your question.  Implants of equal volume, regardless of shape, essentially are equal in weight.  A textured device (round or teardrop) placed under the muscle has the greatest chance of staying higher on the chest over time.  I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

What shape breast implants do you recommend for a lollipop uplift?

Honestly your most important decision is your choice of surgeon.  Consult at least 2 board-certified plastic surgeons and once you have chose neurosurgeon follow that surgeon's advice.  Surgeons tend to choose the implant which works the best for them.

At a recent meeting of board-certified plastic surgeons a survey was done revealing that 83% of these plastic surgeons to use smooth round silicone gel implants. For more information please read the link below: