Rhinoplasty to straighten nose? (Photos)

It has been pointed out to me that my nose slants towards one side noticeably - I have noticed it before but considering I have some asymmetry anyway and my nose is quite small I thought it wouldn't be possible to fix. But I know noses are never perfectly straight anyway - is this something that could be improved or with this type of straightening is it better to leave it if the outcome is unpredictable after - i.e cartilage memory and nose was never straight before

Rhinoplasty Can Straighten Slanting Noses

While many people think of rhinoplasty merely as a means of shortening an overly large nose, it can be used to resolve a number of aesthetic issues, including a slanting nose. The purpose of rhinoplasty is to create a nose that is symmetrical and works in harmony with your natural beauty. If you are troubled by a nose that looks off center, rhinoplasty may be the right decision for you. I hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty to straighten nose?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photos, 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

The changes you describe can be achieved with rhinoplasty. If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from spreader graft placement to make your nasal tip more straight.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD