Rhinoplasty - I'm 4 months post op for Rhinoplasty and over the last 2 months or so I had a weird smell inside my nose.

More recently the smell seems to have become a lot worse. I am sometimes convinced that there is some milk gone off in my house somewhere because the smell is that bad (there isn't and no one else can smell it). My problem is, my surgeon left Transform (where I had the procedure), and when I tried to get in touch (countless times) with Transform to organise a 3 month-post op check up, no one replied. Does anyone know what this may be, I'm guessing it's an infection but how do I get rid of it?

Weird Smell in Nose at 4 months Post Op

This is something that you are going to have assessed in person. If you can't get in to see one of your surgeon's colleagues then schedule a consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon in your area. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Smell inside nose after rhinoplasty

Thank you Alice for your query.

It sounds like you've developed a small area of infection inside the nose, usually where a suture (stitch) such as vicryl was used. The good news is that vicryl gets broken down by the body, and once that happens, the smell will go away.

I have had one of 2 of my own patients experience something similar, and fortunately, it all settled with time.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards.