Why does my nose get stuffed up 3 months PO?

I am 3 months PO with Septo rhinoplasty and my question is why does my nose get stuffed up? I have noticed this happen over t.he past month. I am due to see my surgeon soon but I want to know why this is happening. It is not all the time and not always from the same nostril. I have swelling up and down and in the morning it always looks more swollen. The stuffiness can happen any time of day and not necessarily when my nose looks more swollen. Can the doctors tell me what this is?

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 months after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Post-op stuffiness

Thanks for your question. Stuffiness after rhinoplasty surgery that switches from side to side often is due to swelling of the tissues on the inside of the nose. You may have some element of allergy that should be easy to deal with. I agree with a visit to your surgeon to get recommendations. The external swelling should gradually subside as the months pass. Good luck!

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon