Can I have a MACS lift for lower face/neck after having had an endoscopic mid face lift 8 months ago?

The mid face lift addressed my sagging cheeks & under eye hollows well, but it has accentuated the lower part of my face & neck which now appears slack & jowly. At the time of the mid face lift, it didn't appear that I needed a lower face lift. I did have some liposuction to my lower cheeks & this may have caused the skin in that area to become more slack. I am 55.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Technically, you could have another facelift procedure at 6 months following the end procedure but non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  The weakness of any endoscopic facelift is the inability to remove excess skin from the face which requires an incision along the front contours of the ear.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed. My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

MACS Lift Following Endo MidFace Lift

Eight months should be sufficient time to recover from your prior endoscopic mid face lift and for my patients that would not be a problem. Always check with your plastic surgeon to be sure.

Can a MACS lift be done soon after a mid-facelift

Many thanks for posting your question.

Ideally around a year between surgeries is recommended to allow all scar tissue to soften and swelling to dissipate. If you are concerned about your neck, a MACS lift might not be the optimal approach.

I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon who is experienced in facial aesthetic surgery for an opinion and advice to take things forwards