Lipo or Tummy Tuck? (photos)

Will full body lipo give me a flat stomach I am 5ft 7 and 176 pounds. Still want to lose around 15 pounds before surgery. I don't think I need a full TT maybe lipo or a mini TT. Will lipo get rid of my back rolls too

You may be a candidate for liposuction.

Full body lipo will not give you a flat stomach, but it can certainly help to smooth your body’s contours and address your back rolls for a more streamlined look. Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss—it’s a body contouring procedure that can help target the fat that diet and exercise can’t remove. People who are at a healthy, sustainable weight experience optimal liposuction results. Including a tummy tuck with your liposuction may help you achieve a flatter stomach. I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

Thank you for sharing your pictures and question. Your question is one I hear from a lot of my patients. Without examining in person I cannot give you a definite answer. However, after looking at your pictures I think that you would most likely get the best results from combining both a tummy tuck and liposuction. The tummy tuck will tighten and flatten your abdomen, while the liposuction will help get rid of the back rolls you mentioned and will contour your waist. Your next step should be to consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what he/she recommends after examining you. Good luck! 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Liposuction - will I get a flat stomach

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • your photo suggests that you need a tummy tuck 
  • The lower abdomen bulge looks like loose muscle
  • You need an examination to determine exactly what is best to do -
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Candidate for liposuction

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction. This will flatten the abdomen and sculpt the waist and the thighs.  Your skin looks tight and should respond well.  

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

Based on your photos, you could have a beautiful result with a Tummy Tuck and liposuction in the flank and back area.  The tummy tuck will repair your muscles as well as remove excess skin.  The liposuction will help define the waist and reduce the fat on the back.  It will be important to wear a good compression garment to assist with healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD