Does a lift make breast smaller?

i have 36 jj and i want them smaller and lifted do i need ti have a reduction or does breast lift look just as good as i am having the bbl tt lipo

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Does a lift make breast smaller?

The breast lift will make the breasts look a little smaller, but for something more significant you would need a reduction.

Does a lift make breast smaller?

Assuming that you are going to have a breast reduction, this also involves a lift. Your breasts will be smaller and perkier.

Does Breast Lift Reduce Size

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Does a breast lift make breasts smaller?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

• If you want to be smaller, you need a breast reduction -
  • This is a breast lift + removal of excess breast tissue
  • A breast lift itself will lift and tighten the breasts but does not make them smaller.
  • This might be a lot of surgery to have with a BBL, tummy tuck and liposuction.
  • Discuss the pros/cons of doing surgery in 2 stages with your surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

A lift and breast size

A breast lift does not make the breast smaller.  All that is removed is some skin.  No fat is removed.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Does a lift make breast smaller?

Not by much - only the thickness of the skin removed so a few ounces at most.  It amounts to tightening up the skin which has stretched out.  The result looks like what you currently look like in a good supportive bra.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift making breasts smaller

What I tell my patients getting a breast lift is that there can be some visual size difference after surgery.  This is minimal size change, but it can be a concern to the patient.  I go over the different options available with the patient as far as incision type that would be most appropriate for their body.  These are important things you need to discuss with the surgeon you choose.

Lift vs. reduction

A lift alone will generally not diminish the size of your breasts.  A reduction may use similar incisions, and result in scars in the same location but allow the excision of breast tissue.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

Will your breasts be smaller after a lift?

There is very little tissue removed with a breast lift. Often, the breasts do appear visually a bit smaller. You need to discuss this with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get a good idea of your expectations as well as how to achieve those. A breast reduction may be required.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon