Why has my left inner labia gotten bigger? Much bigger than the right one.

Not too long ago, my left labia suddleny got extremely swollen, so that it was 5 times its normal size - longer and thicker. I also had thrush, but even since I treated it and the swelling went down, it's still longer than the other one as if it has been stretched from being so swollen. What has happened and what can I do?

Unilateral labia minora enlargement

Dear Sharstil

I agree with both Dr Pelosi and Dr Castillo.  Attempt to sit back and allow the swelling to subside.  Perhaps this is a temporary situation.  If you are itching in the area there is a strong possibility that you still have a yeast infection, if so please see your healthcare provide.  If the labia continues to protrude and it bothers you then you are a candidate for unilateral labiaplasty.

John R Miklos  MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Swollen labia after infection

Go see your gynecologist to make sure that the infection has completely cleared. There may residual edema that might take more time to resolve.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your labial concerns. I would first advocate seeing your ob/gyn for an in-person evaluation and diagnosis of any possible causes for this rapid swelling.  This will also ensure your fungal infection has cleared.  Depending on the timing since your infection I would allow the skin of your labia several weeks time to return to normal. If the size does not resolve, you may be a candidate for a one-sided labiaplasty.  Hope this helps.