Which implants are recommended for women who have pectus excavatum?

I have pectus excavatum & I have been adviced to have different size implants & also one to be high profile & the other to be extra high as I have that condition. I am after the fake round look!

Thank you for the question.  The use of different sizes/profile breast implants are often very helpful when it comes to improving breast symmetry. In my experience, breast implants tend to help “camouflage” the concavity, making the cleavage area look deeper. Often times postoperatively is hard to know that the patient initially presented with pectus excavatum.  In my practice, I most often used round silicone gel breast implants when taking care of patients with pectus excavatum.

Often, patients with pectus excavatum have medially sloped chest walls ( sloped towards the cleavage area); care must be taken during the breast implant pocket dissection to avoid the implants coming together too close in the sternal area.
Also, patients with pectus excavatum may have their nipple/areola complexes relatively medially positioned on their breasts; without intervention this inward leaning appearance of the nipple/areola does not improve with breast augmentation surgery.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" or "round, fake look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons; asked to see lots of examples of his/her work. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast surgery for patients with pectus excavatum, helpful to you as you learn more.

Depends on goals

Implant selection for breast augmentation is based on your goals for size and shape.  Pectus excavatum tends to exaggerate cleavage which many patients love!
I would figure out the best implants for your desired goal size.
Use of morphing software can be very helpful.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS