I want breast implants with lift. I've had several different surgeons say different things (Photo)

I've had 70% of surgeons say via email consultation yes you can have implants then I've had some saying I can't them what are your thought

I want breast implants with lift. I've had several different surgeons say different things

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift.A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively.
By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Lift/Implants

Of course you can have implants at the same time. It DOES increase your healing risks but most patients find that a fair trade for only having one initial surgery. Probably 95% of my patients combine them even with the increased risk of healing problems/revision surgery.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Breast Lift with Augmentation Candidate

Actually, a Breast Lift with the Implants may be something to consider.
One of the primary intentions of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis). This can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired.
Additionally, an implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping, and, restore volume in the breast tissue which has been lost due to sagging. #FatGrafting is another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast. A hybrid operation may use both an implant and fat to provide the best contours of the lifted breast.
Combining a #BreastLift with a #BreastAugmentation is called #MastopexyAugmentation.
Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. 

Breast Implants with lift

Thank you for your question and for submitting your photographs.  

While I understand it is frustrating, I can understand why you have had varying responses from surgeons regarding your situation as it is extremely difficult to gauge your specific body situation without an in-person consultation.  And while you may be comfortable with the preliminary answers, I would highly encourage you to attend an in-person consultation with any surgeon before proceeding to surgery as they will need to assess the degree of ptosis, the size of the pre-operative breast in order to determine where the implants will be placed and the best size depending upon your desired outcome. And there is the emotional and support element necessary to evaluate with any cosmetic procedure.

I agree you are definitely a candidate for breast implants, and would welcome seeing you in my practice in Birmingham for a consultation.

Breast lift with implants

The reason you are not getting 100% of surgeons to say the same thing is that there are different ways to achieve your goal.  Email consultation can give you an idea of what might be good for you, but you need to seen by a board-certified plastic surgeon so they can talk to you and examine you.  By doing so, the surgeon can get a good understanding of what you want, decide on what they believe would be the best technique, and then help make the final decision.  

Based on your photo, yes, a lift will improve the aesthetic appearance of your breasts.  And, yes, if you want more volume and implant can give that to you.  However, an implant alone (without the lift), will not give you a good result.

I hope this was helpful to you.

Jaime Bastidas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Implants, lift,both.

Of course you can have breast implants, but to acheive a more ideal looking breast you will need repositioning,i.e. Lift, of your nipple .  You may also require a lift or repositioning of the inframammary crease. Regards

Lift with Implants

You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift to reshape the breast.  Implants could be added at the same setting to provide additional volume, if desired.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I want breast implants with lift.

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it looks like a breast lift with an anchor incision and breast implants (if you want more volume) would be a good option.  An in-person examination and full evaluation would be required to confirm.  Please consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

I want breast implants with lift; differing opinions...

Thank you for the question. It is extremely common to receive different opinions from different plastic surgeons about the best way to proceed after surgery. Each plastic surgeon may have his/her opinion that is based on their specific/unique education, experience, and personal preferences. Their opinions may also be shaped by unfavorable results they have encountered in their practices. It is quite amazing how adamant each plastic surgeon can be about the superiority of his/her recommendations…

Whether to do the breast augmentation/lifting surgery in one or two stages is not a question agreed-upon by all plastic surgeons. There are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately and there are good plastic surgeons who can produce excellent outcomes in a single stage.

The combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately. Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increase with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.

In my opinion, the decision to do the operation in a single or two staged fashion becomes a judgment call made by a surgeon after direct examination of the patient. For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).

Conversely, if I see a patient who requires minimal to moderate lifting along with a small to moderate size augmentation (and has good skin quality), then doing the procedure one stage is much safer. Nevertheless, the potential risks are greater with a 1 stage procedure and the patient does have a higher likelihood of needing revisionary surgery.

Personally, I find that the breast augmentation/lifting procedure to be one of the most challenging of the breast operations I perform, even compared to somewhat complex revisionary breast surgery. On the one hand, when performing breast augmentation/lifting surgery we are increasing the breast size with breast implants; on the other hand, we are reducing the breast “envelope” in order to achieve the breast lift. These two “forces” must be balanced as perfectly as possible in order to achieve the desired results. Removing too much skin/ breast tissue is problematic; removing too little breast skin/tissue can also be problematic. Remember also that patients presenting for breast lifting surgery and general have lost some skin elasticity/thickness making potential incision line healing problems and/or recurrent drooping/sagging important concerns to communicate. The analogy I use in my practice is that of a thinned out balloon, being expanded with additional air; I hope that this analogy helps patients understand some of the issues at hand when performing the combination breast augmentation/lifing operation.

To achieve a surgical result where the breast implant and breast tissue “come together” and behave like a single breast is one of my goals but can be difficult to achieve. Essentially, we are trying to create a breast implant/breast tissue interface that feels and behaves as naturally ( as a single unit) as possible. Generally speaking, making sure that the breast implant has some sub muscular and some sub glandular component ( dual plane) and tailoring the overlying skin/subcutaneous tissue/breast tissue as precisely as possible over the underlying breast implant is key. Despite these efforts, breast implants are after all a foreign body that don't necessarily stay where we wish they would; therefore, breast implant related problems such as positioning ( too high, too low, lateral displacement etc.) can occur and may be a reason for returning to the operating room for revisionary breast surgery.I use a “tailor tacking” technique that allows a determination of what breast implant should be used to SAFELY produce the results the patient is looking for. This technique involves use of a temporary sizer and temporary “closure” of the overlying breast skin over the sizer. The use of the tailor tacking technique is very helpful. Breast lifting involves removal of skin ( and tightening of the breast skin envelope) while breast augmentation involves expansion of the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications. Again, despite these efforts, breast implant and/or tissue/skin complications may arise causing minor or significant complications.

Generally speaking, it is difficult to achieve the “perfect” result with breast augmentation/lifting surgery, despite best efforts. Patients should be aware of the complexity of this combination procedure, achieve REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS prior to proceeding, and understand that additional surgery ( along with the additional recovery time, stress, expenses etc) may be necessary in the short or long-term. Patients should understand that the results of the procedure will not necessarily match aesthetically the results of patients who have undergone breast augmentation surgery only. For example, some patients who wish to maintain long-term superior pole volume/"roundness" may find that this result is not achieved after the initial breast augmentation/lifting operation. An additional operation, possibly involving capsulorrhaphy, may be necessary to achieve the patient's longer-term goals ( with superior pole volume/roundness). It is helpful if patients understand that this breast implant capsule used to provide the support for the breast implant is not present during the initial breast augmentation/lifting operation. The capsule (layer of scar tissue) forms around the breast implant and may be a good source of supportive tissue during revisionary breast surgery, Including correction of breast implant displacement/malposition problems ( such as bottoming out, symmastia, lateral displacement etc).

Potential risks associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery include infection, bleeding, incision line healing problems, loss/change of nipple/areola complex sensation, and blood flow related issues to causing skin or tissue necrosis. Poor scarring, pigment changes, areola/nipple asymmetry etc. are also potential problems. Again, patients may experience implant related problems such as encapsulation, leakage, displacement problems ( too high, bottoming out, lateral displacement, asymmetric positioning etc.), rippling/palpability of breast implants etc. Patients may also be dissatisfied with breast size, shape, and/or how the breast implants and overlying breast tissues “interface” with one another. Occasionally, a breast implant may even have to be removed and the patient will generally be “implant free” for several months at least. Obviously, this situation can be quite physically, emotionally, and psychosocially stressful to the patient involved.

Ultimately my best advice: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, working together you will come up with the best plan to achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with. Always maintain safety, as opposed to size concerns, your first priority.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.