I am going to have a full tummy tuck and mastopexy in December, will I need to have liposuction at a later date?

Tummy tuck first

The goal is to have one operation.  If you can have a tummy tuck without needing liposuction as a second procedure that would be best.

Mommy Make Over

Hi there Leah,Obviously without photos or examining you this is a fairly generic response.In general if you do need liposuction it should be done at the time of your original surgery. The surgery you are proposing should not increase the need for liposuction down the track.Best wishes
Richard

Liposuction

Liposuction is a common addition to a tummy tuck procedure.  It has been shown that too much liposuction can compromise the healing skin, but some is safe and appropriate.  If there are other areas you feel need contouring, you can always have that at a later date.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon