Droopy looking eye & uneven face? (Photo)

I have an uneven balanced face especially around my eyes looks like a lazy eye or dropping lid any advice I don't really like the idea of surgery and I haven't always had this so not sure why it's like it now oh I am a contact lense wearer too

Doctor Answers 4

Droopy looking eye - Blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Since 2001 in my courses I use to say:"Women in their late thirties have some features changing in their face. The culprit is the receding of BONE surfaces and edges starting the ageing chain reaction.This is responsible in your case of baggy eyelid and tear trough, lost of malar eminence with naso-labial folds and chin deformity.All this could be treated by adipose stem cell  injection (FAMI) except upper lids which need 2-3 mm local anaesthesia surgical excision.

London Plastic Surgeon


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. The Ptosis you are experiencing can be addressed by a board certified oculoplastic surgeon who must be trained in blepharoplasty as well because there may be an opportunity to decrease the amount of excess skin and fatty tissue that has developed in both the upper and lower eyelids with aging. Through a combined procedure, you could rectify both the lazy eye and the drooping eyelid. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 124 reviews

Many issues here....

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The eyes appear different as a result of the way that the eyelids frame the eyes. The most obvious feature is a left sided ptosis (droopy eyelid). You will need to have this evaluated to determine the cause, but the most likely cause is dehiscence of the muscle that raises the eyelid. Other secondary issues are asymmetric upper lid skin and possible right upper lid retraction.As a first step you will need an assessment by an oculoplastics specialist. It is likely that the ptosis can only be corrected by surgery and you may also be a candidate for blepharoplasty depending on your needs and requirements. 

Daniel Ezra, MD, FRCS
London Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

You have left upper eyelid ptosis.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Ptosis is corrected with surgery.  A detailed consultation is needed to determine which of the ptosis procedures are needed to correct your issues.  This work should be done by fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  You need someone with an aesthetic orientation.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.