Bruising behind pinned ear.

Hello. I've had my ears pinned back around 6 months ago; there has not been any major problems following the operation. However, today i've noticed that it's a little bit sore on my left ear. I woke up with it, and noticed there was a little bruise behind the ear, where it's closest to my neck. I'm wondering what the bruising could've been caused by. The right ear is fine. Thanks in advance.

A little late

so 6 months after surgery, i suspect this is very unlikely to be related to your otoplasty. Lots of things happen at night, while asleep, including falling out of bed. 

I suspect that the bruising alone is nothing to worry about. in the absence of any recent head injury I suspect it will settle without concern. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Manchester Plastic Surgeon