Breast enlargement to breast reduction

I had a breast enlargement in 2011. In the last few years I have hated my boobs so therefore considering a reduction. I have to be honest I went too big. Could you advice will a reduction cause excess skin and do you have an idea if cost? Many thanks. Clare

BBR after BBA

Thank you for posting

A breast reduction will take care of your skin excess, so you will have smaller and perkier breasts.

The cost includes hospital, anaesthesia, surgery and revisions within 6 months and of course any immedaite complications ~ £5500

Barbara

Breast enlargement in 2011. I hate my boobs so considering a reduction. I went too big. Can they be reduced?

Hello, and thank you for your question and honesty.

This is a perfect example of short answer and long answer.
Short answer, yes.
Long answer- exactly what type of procedure will be required, what result is realistic depends on many factors. Will you need a lift after 5 years of too-large implants, how old are you, did you have pregnancies, how much do your breasts sag, what is the current look of your breasts, how do your implants sit(what work will I have to do with the pocket created by your implants)- and those are just a few of the issues I would need to consider when giving you the options to correct your problem.
The solution may be fairly straight forward for me, or much more complicated than that.

So, as you can probably tell, you need to sit face-to-face with a Plastic Surgeon. That's the only way you will get some an accurate assessment, giving your Plastic Surgeon the opportunity to present realistic options for your situation.

I wish you well in your journey.

Breast enlargement to breast reduction

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, you should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants.  Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for. Breast lifting may or may not be necessary.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary, specifically downsizing, breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes. 

Hi Clare

If you have big implants in then the simplest thing would be to replace them with smaller ones
depending on your skin condition and laxity, you may well need a simultaneous lift
of course during the consultation other factors will be assessed, like age, kids, weight, pocket placement etc
prises vary but an indication would be upwards of £4500 for a Change of implants and more if a lift was nesessary
good luck