Bottoming out or asymmetry? (Photo)

Hi I had breast implants 8 weeks ago and I'm slightly concerned that one of my breasts may be bottoming out I know pre operative photos do show some degree of aysmetry but my nipple on one side seems a lot higher is this due to my implants starting to bottom out or due to aysmetry that's been magnified after implants.

Breasts are cousins not twins

You have a great result and do not have bottoming out. The implants are in good position vertically and side to side. You started with minor asymmetry and still have slightly asymmetric nipple position but that is an expectation not complication of breast augmentation. Best of luck. 

Bottoming out or asymmetry?

You definitely know your body best but the placement of your implants from the photos look great. It appears to me that your right nipple was slighter higher previous to surgery and our bodies are not always symmetrical. If you are concerned it would be best to go back and let your surgeon know your worries and they will be able to guide you on what is the best thing your you to do as they should be monitoring your progress. Best of Luck.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Bootimg out

Thanks or your question. Your breast is looking very good! Our breast never are equals, one is more higher than the other, that is normal.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Asymmetry caused by bottoming out

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos.  From the pre-op photos, it does look like your right breast is slightly higher than the left, and this is also evident with the arms by your side in the post-op picture.  From the photos alone, it is hard to say that you are bottoming out and would lean towards the pre-operative asymmetry that is being magnified after surgery.  Time will tell, however, and I would encourage you to continue following up with your plastic surgeon.

Bottoming out or asymmetry?

Thank you for your question, and I am sorry that you have concerns following your breast augmentation.  It  is not readily apparent in your photographs that you are suffering from an bottoming out, but this is best assess with an in-person examination, or a full series of photographs.  I would recommend you speak with your surgeon about your concerns. They can provide reassurance or make recommendations on how best to treat any issues.  

Bottoming Out after Surgery?

From your photos, it doesn't appear that there is significant asymmetry to the breasts (beyond your starting point). No set of breasts are perfectly symmetric and you are still early in the recovery phase. Be patient as there is nothing to do at the moment. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Bottoming out?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You did have asymmetry pre-op which is still apparent in your post-op photos as well.  It is difficult given the angle the photos were taken at to determine if you are bottoming out.  At eight weeks, you are well into the healing process and should be seen in person by your operating surgeon to determine that you are healing properly.  It seems you have achieved a nice result.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL