Can I have an augmentation without lift? (Photo)

I'm in the process of having consultations to book a BA currently wear a 32c bra however i don't fill the cups completely (mainly at the top of the cup) and sometimes wear a 32b. Can I have augmentation rather than uplift as I really don't want one. This is mainly due to the extra scarring. What CC would be recommended and would I have over or under muscle implants? I'm a 28 year old mother of 2, and not planning on having any more children. my breasts are not really subject to much change

What CC would be recommended?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Nice result from augmentation without a lift

Hello there,

I agree with the other surgeons here that you do not need a lift based on your photos, however it is always best to seek an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon.  Look for the letters FRCS(Plast) after your surgeon's name and our professional associations have a list of members on their websites, BAPRAS and BAAPS.

You would really need a consultation to talk more specific about what cc you would need, and more importantly, what shape or profile you would need and also the plane of the implant.  You can register for my webinar on my website where I talk about this in more detail.  Good luck.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  You do not need a lift, as long as your fold is lowered during surgery.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

BA without lift

thank you very much for posting your question and pictures.

This is a very common scenario and I believe you could have a good result without any formal breast lift.

The key-points are the choice of the implant's shape, size and the surgical technique.

I would recommend teardrop Allergan with extrafull projection and dual-plane technique type 2.

All this needs obviously to be confirmed with a very careful assessment and identification of possible problems: for example your nipples have a little lateral orientation and this might get worst with augmentation alone but can be improved if you go for a lift.

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Do I need an uplift?

HI 

Thanks for your questions. These are all very common questions before a breast augmentation.

Your image show that you have a very high breast crease and this could and would have to be lowered if you had an augmentation. I do not think that you would require a lift as you really do not have much droop, both of your nipples are sitting above your breast fold.

Regards size I find that using 3D software and Virtual Reality really let my patients see what they will look like and then you can decide. You can also preview over and under the muscle. As a rule If you can pinch 2cm of skin in the upper part of your breast, you probably do not need to go under the muscle.

Hope this helps

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon