4 weeks post tummy tuck, will I shrink anymore? (Photos)

Glad my excess skin has been removed but I look wider than I was pre-op. WIll I shrink any further?

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (1 months post-po) the swelling is present.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

4 weeks post tummy tuck, will I shrink anymore?

Swelling may persist for 6 months or longer, so you may shrink for a while.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Will I change more

Thank you for your question. You are likely to change in the coming several weeks. Please follow instructions from your PS

4 weeks post TT

You have a very good result that will continue to improve over many months. Swelling in this area tends to take longer to resolve due to the constant flexion and torsion in one of the most mobile parts of the body. 

Be patient and you will be rewarded. Keep close contact with your board certified plastic surgeon and follow the advise

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon

Will my tummy shrink more

Yes, I would expect more of the post op swelling to leave you with an even flatter tummy after another couple of months have passed. The majority of swelling does reduce over the first 6 weeks, which is the period of time I ask patients to wear an abdominal binder. However the final results are not seen until several months down the line.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you will likely continue to see favorable changes over the course of the next several months. Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year (or greater) a complete skin redraping to occur.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.