Will 390cc moderate over muscle be too big for me? (Photo)

uplift with 390cc moderate over muscle I'm worried this is going to be too big & fake looking I currently have no volume at the top of my breasts & they are saggy after children. I want a natural full look but I don't want to look too big & fake. I'm not sure on my current size as I'm 14lbs heavier than I want to be for my op & my boobs change drastically when I'm at my desired weight I'm 5.4 & 154lbs but will hopefully be 140 for my op I'm also getting a mini tummy tuck at the same time. Tia.

Do not place them over muscle

Implants placed over the muscle make the breasts look large and very droopy, very quickly. Consider having implnts under the muscle. If a patient wants implants over the muscle, I refuse to take care of them. That is how strongly I feel about the subject. You also need a breast lift becuse the implants alone will not lift them properly. Talk to a few other surgeons.Good luck.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss, ptosis and pros and cons of implant locatio

Personally, I think that's too large and will likely irreversibly cause problems over time.  You should be at your goal weight ideally to see what the breast will look like.  I suspect with weight loss, you'd have more ptosis and be a candidate for a mastopexy either staged or at the same time as your implant.  Above or under the muscle each have distinct pros and cons and I'd make sure you understand them well.  Good luck.  

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! best, Dean Vistnes, M.D

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Will 390cc moderate over muscle be too big for me?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Unfortunately, despite your good description of body type and goals, online consultants will not be of much help when it comes to specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation/lifting surgery (regarding breast implant type/size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. Sometimes, it is necessary to seek several consultations before you feel comfortable about your choice.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup” or " too big and fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. Again, best not to discuss your goals and/or judge the outcome of the procedure performed based on achieving a specific cup size.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. I generally select appropriate breast implant size/profile after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers and viewing the patient's chest in the upright and supine positions.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to  breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns), helps.  Best wishes.

Your question about implant size is best addressed in person with your plastic surgeon. You should trust the judgement of your surgeon in guiding you to achieve your augmentation goals of breasts that appear fuller, but not too large and fake. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Ultimate breast size is the choice of the patient.

I think placement of silicone gel implants above the muscle is an excellent choice for you. 390 mL will probably make you a small D cup.