1 week after septorhinoplasty I have patches of rough dry skin on my face, why is this?

I had a septorhinoplasty 11 days ago for a deviated septum and crooked nose which was affecting my breathing. In the past 2-3 days I found I have small patches of very rough, almost scaly skin on my face, the main area being under my eye. My skin gets very wrinkled on these areas when I smile, can anyone please explain why I have this and what I can do to get rid of it? I have used aloe vera as well as moisturizer which did nothing. (I see my surgeon in 6 days to get my splint taken off.)

Rough, dry, wrinkled skin after nasal surgery

It sounds like the antiseptic preparation of your skin for your rhinoplasty may have caused a contact dermatitis of your face. Additionally, sometime the face scrubs contain ingredients (betadine or other Rx) which are too strong for some patients too. Ask your doctor for recommendations or consult with a dermatologist for treatment if this skin condition persists. 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 week after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Patches of rough skin on my face

Thank you for your question.I think it will be prudent to discuss this with your surgeon. He is best placed to advise you.