How many syringes of Juvaderm XC do you think I would need in my lips and the nasalabial for? (photo)

Juvederm® Treatments for Lip and Smile Lines

Good Afternoon and thank you for your question.  During my initial consultation with patients I always like to explain to them that a one syringe minimum should be considered per area.  In your particular case I would start conservatively with one syringe in the lip area and one on the nasal labial fold.  It is important to keep in mind that this would provide you with a very natural, minimal change. I have all of my patients return 2 weeks following their treatment, once the swelling has subsided, to evaluate their results and to determine if additional treatment is necessary. Best of luck to you.

Miami Physician

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

you are very volume depleted and require skin tightening. I suggest seeing an expert you may need sculptra or fat injections long term in combination with other fillers and skin tightening or lifting.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm for the lips and nasolabial folds

Thank you for your question Amber1020. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. I usually recommend that my patients start with two syringes of Juvederm for the nasolabial folds and one syringe of Juvederm for the lips. This is a conservative start and more can be added if desired. We have our patients return two weeks after the treatment once swelling has subsided to take after photographs and assess the results. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Juvederm for Lips and Nasolabial Folds

Thanks for your question!  The number of tubes needed really depends on your goals of treatment.  If you are wanting to soften the nasolabial folds, I would recommend about one tube per side.  If you are wanting complete resolution, you will likely require more product.  As for the lips - again, it really depends on your goals of treatment.  If you are wanting a better shape and outline, one tube is likely enough.  Best of luck!

How many syringes of facial filler

Facial fillers are a wonderful and safe way to improve volume and contour of the face. The area around the mouth may be injected with different types of fillers for an overall natural result. I would start conservatively as you can always add more filler. Dissolving filler is possible, but it's much less precise. I would consider a syringe of Juvederm Voluma in the cheeks to project the cheek and recruit skin sagging into the nasolabial fold. A syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus in the nasolabial fold to soften the fold. And one syringe of Juvederm Ultra to enhance the lips. Restylane Lyft, -L, and -Silk can produce similar results. I recommend having a consultation to determine a safe and conservative treatment plan. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for folds and lip

You possibly could benefit from 3-4 syringes to the folds and lips depending upon your goals. Best of luck.

Voluma And Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Based on your photo, you appear to be an excellent candidate for both Voluma and Juvederm.  Voluma will restore age-related volume loss in your cheeks and will provide an upward lift, minimizing, but not eliminating, the need for Juvederm to treat your nasolabial folds.  With regard to your lips, you appear to have good volume and some asymmetry, which could be nicely addressed with a small amount of Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved with a combination of Voluma and Juvederm to restore age-related volume loss.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan and amount of product required.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

How much Juvederm

Frequently, Juvederm is placed in the area of the cheeks to revolumize that area.  It appears that you have a bit of volume loss that is impacting the nasolabial fold area.  By volumizing the cheek slightly, a smaller amount can be placed in the nasolabial folds.  Your lips appear to have fairly good volume.  As such you may need 2 - 3 syringes of the different Juvederm compositions. Your doctor will examine you, palpate your cheeks and check the movement of the tissues for a more accurate assessment.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

How many syringes of Juvederm do you think I would need in my lips and the nasolabial fold?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  If you are interested in improving upon your nasolabial folds in the process of facial rejuvenation I would advocate placement of dermal fillers into your cheeks before pursuing placement into your folds.  Your photograph indicates mid-face/malar descent that would best be treated with a thick hyaluronic acid based filler, such as Voluma.  After improving upon your cheek volume then pursue additional filler placement into your folds.  As far as your lips I would recommend starting with a single syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus XC to add volume and definition.  Hope this helps.

Depends on your goals

Thanks for the photos and great question. How many syringes (cc's) of product it will take to treat your lips and nasolabial folds totally depends on what you are hoping to get look like after treatment. In some of the FDA studies using products, patients were injected with up to 6-7 syringes for just their cheeks! In my opinion a conservative starting point for you would be somewhere in the ball park of 2-3 syringes of product. As always, make sure you are evaluated in person by a skilled injector and be very clear about what your goals are for treatment. Best of luck in your area!