Does Bio Oil help Tummy tuck scars fade? When can or should it be applied after surgery?

Bio Oil

There is little scientific evidence that Bio Oil or the silicone based creams are effective.  A cream called Solution for Scars, available in the UK from Science of Skin, has been shown to reduce the inflammatory response and help your scars settle.

Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Scar Care?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. I instruct all of my patients to perform daily scar massage and apply a silicone based scar ointment or tape to their incisions. Biocorneum makes an excellent product. Please ask your board certified plastic surgeon for specific instructions regarding his or her scar management protocol. Hope this helps!