Is Ultherapy helpful for me or not? (photo)

Hi I am 19 years old, from the last one year I am seeing a lot of changes in my skin.i have lot of wrinkles and dark circles around my eyes.i don't have any drinking or smoking habbit.My GP suggested me ultherapy.Is ultherapy helpful for me or not.

Ultherapy not indicated for the eye area.

Hi there, 

Ultherapy is safe and effective in tightening, lifting and reducing fine lines on the face, neck and brows. 

In your case, Ultherapy would not be the best solution for the dark circles and wrinkles around your eyes because Ultherapy does not address the delicate eye area. 

I would suggest going in for an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist, so you may receive an in person analysis of your skin and skin type. There are many other alternatives such as dermal fillers and non invasive laser treatments that may be suitable in your situation. 

When you are exploring the options of a facial procedure, make sure that you also explore the right type of cosmetic surgeon to perform your procedure. A facial plastic surgeon is a cosmetic doctor that is an expert strictly in the head and neck which is where Ultherapy is indicated to treat.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cannot tell from your photos

Its hard to tell from your photos, you do seem quite young to need a skin tightening device.   Ultherapy probably is not the best solution for you, it is used for non-invasive skin tightening of the face and neck.  While it is promoted by the company as able to achieve improvement in some wrinkles, I have not experienced great result with it for the purpose of wrinkle reduction.  Instead, I use devices such as lutronics infini, microneedling venus viva, and fractionated lasers to improve skin texture.  You really need an in person consult with a qualified provider to discuss your goals and options.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy for the Win--in combination with lasers, Sculptra, microneedling/prp

Ultherapy is a great choice for skin rejuvenation and aging prevention in combination with lasers or RF, Sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp. Kybella and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination for skin tightening.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultherapy for the eyelids

You can't use Ultherapy for the upper lids, and it is not the first choice for the lower lids.  See a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to take a good look at your skin and see what would be best for you.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and eyes...

Thank you for your question.  Ultherapy can be used for lower eyelids, but I would not recommend it for upper eye lids.  You would benefit by seeing a Board Certified Dermatologist and starting on an excellent skin care regimen, in particular an eye cream for your skin type.  Additionally, retinoid therapy would help you tremendously.  If after starting good skin care, you still have concerns with your skin, you can talk to your Dermatologist about gentle resurfacing procedures like Clear and Brilliant.  From your picture I would not recommend Ultherapy.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

On the young side for Ultherapy

One concern with ultherapy is that it can also cause reduction in healthy fat pads.  We try to use ultherapy for sagging skin in older individuals who have already lost the fat pads in the face.  It needs to be used carefully in this setting so as to not make things worse.  I would not recommend ultherapy in a 19 yo as you likely still have halthy fat pads.  There are other treatments available including non-surgical skin tightening with radiofrequncy, skin care regimens, and of course surgical correction.  I am also curious as to why your GP would recommend ultherapy and it would not be my first choice.  I hope this is helpful.

Upper eyelid wrinkles

This may be genetic or due to extensive sun exposure especially if you tan often. Why is your GP recommending cosmetic procedures? does your GP perform Ultherapy/ is that why? Please seek consultation with board certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon, not your GP. You will likely benefit from LASER resurfacing, not Ultherapy.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy treatment

Hi,

Ultherapy works the best for tightening of the skin. I would suggest some really good skin care products and potentially fillers for the under eye hollows. 

Hope thish elps.

best,

Dr. M

Morgan Rabach, MD