Will my boobs stay this size? I love the size, don't want them to shrink much (Photo)

These pics are 7 days post op

Will my boobs stay this size

The breasts will settle some over the up and coming weeks and swelling will resolve.  In addition, the surrounding tissue will soften.  You shouldn't experience a significant size change but rather a loosening of the tissue.  You look to be doing great at this point.  Great question and make sure you ask you plastic surgeon as well as they will also be able to give you additional information.  Hope that helps!

Camarillo Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Swelling is at the maximum around 1 week

Swelling usually will have peaked by one week after surgery.  Over the next few weeks, the majority of the swelling will subside.  During this time, the upper breast volume will tend to redistribute to the lower part of the breast, filling out and rounding the bottom.  This often is refered to as dropping and fluffing.

It is normal to be a little anxious about your final result at this stage.  Most patients are happy by six weeks and very happy once everything has healed and settled at six months.  Give yourself time to heal and enjoy your new shape.  Best wishes.

Swelling goes down

and so will the firmness of your results... it won't be a huge difference but your breast implants will settle and the volume from the top will go to the bottom and round you out more naturally.  If you like them as they are, talk to your surgeon about supporting them to minimize this settling process.

Curtis Wong, MD

Love them just the way they are

Thank you for the question. The implants won't shrink. Your skin and muscle will accommodate and acclimate to the presence of the implant over the next few weeks and they will settle into a more natural look which will look great. You have the " just operated on " look right now.
I think you will be very pleased with your results.

Stay happy!

Dr. Morrissey

Breast size with healing

Great question.  The overall volume will not likely change much but the shape of the breasts will.  This occurs because the tissues surrounding the implant will relax with time to accommodate the implant.  As this occurs you will likely see a little more lower volume and a little less upper pole volume.  I think this will be a good thing overall.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Will my boobs stay this size?

Thank you for your question.  Over the next couple of months, the swelling will subside and the implants will settle down into their position, resulting in a more natural and aesthetic appearance.  Good luck with your recovery!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Swelling after breast aug

You most likely will have swelling after breast augmentation that can take up to 3 months to totally subside. Good luck! 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Size Change Over Time

At 7 days post-op you probably still have a little bit of swelling going on and the implants are sitting up higher than they will long-term. 

I wouldn't expect a huge change in size, but definitely expect the implants to drop into a more natural position over the next few months. 

I hope this helps,

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Size may change slightly

You are very early in the healing process. The swelling will continue to come and go over the next couple months.  The size will not change significantly, but the implants will continue to settle and look more natural and get softer. Good luck with your recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon