I want a Tummy tuck and liposuction. I weight 224 lbs. Any suggestions?

I weigh 224lbs and my height is 5'2 i am semi healthy Only becaues i im dipolar i want liposuction and a tummy tuck im do i qualify as a candidate for the procedures i want ?.

I want a Tummy tuck and liposuction. I weight 224

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. 

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you. Whether or not combination surgery should be performed (or whether the procedures should be staged) will depend on many factors, especially safety considerations. Seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will  be your next/best step.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated tummy tuck surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Am I a good tummy tuck candidate?

Hello jaquezchristine, thank you for the question. Unfortunately it is very hard to know if you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck based only on your description online. I recommend you seek a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon. The best way to assess and give the best advice would be after an in-person exam.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

You need to lose weight to have an optimal outcome. I suggest posting photos and seeing a hi definition expert that does combination liposuction and tummy tuck at the same time. they will tell you the amount that needs to be lost prior to surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tummy tuck

We need to see pictures and or be examined to know if you are a good candidate or not. Go to a board certified plastic surgeon

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Abdominioplasty (tummy tuck): Infomoration

Dear  MsJaquezchristine,
Thank you for your questions.

Nothing substitutes for a personal evaluation and a face to face discussion of your options. Unfortunately without a examination and a review of your other health issues I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

In general it's best to be a your goal weight prior to surgery:
1) your abdomen (and other parts of your body) often will change size with weight fluctuations.
2) we all have internal fat (fat on our internal organs that pushes out the abdominal wall and accessible to liposuction or abdominoplasty) and external fat (fat that we can pinch between our fingers that can be liposuctioned or surgically removed during abdominoplasty). Weight loss effects both and thus we can make your muscles tighter and remove the excess hanging skin
3)Body Mass Index (BMI) over 35 and greater is associated with progressive increased
complications.
4)I would also suggest a preoperative clearance letter from your psychiatrist.

I suggest you make out a list of your questions and select several nude "model" photos of what your desired goals/look would be and then schedule several different consultative appointments with experienced Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who are ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Tummy Tuck - Weight loss first

Thank you for your question. I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.