Will I require a Breast Lift? (photos)

Is a breast lift required? My photos didn't load with my first post. Thanks!

No breast lift

No, you do not need a breast lift.  Breast implants with a possible lowering of your inframammary fold may be the best option.

Breast lift & augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry and photos. From the photos provided, you do not have any degree of breast ptosis (sagging of breasts) and therefore do not require a breast lift (mastopexy). If you are looking to change the shape and form of your breasts, a breast augment will allow your physician to increase the volume of your breasts and expand the lower pole of your breasts. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will determine what type of result you are desiring and your options can be examined. Good luck. James Lee 

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Will I require a Breast Lift?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, breast lifting is not indicated. Key will be careful selectionf of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

No breast lift needed

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you do not appear to need a breast lift.  Your breasts have no degree of ptosis with the nipples sitting well above the inframammary fold.  You simply need a breast augmentation with appropriate management of the IMF and lower pole breast tissue for correct rounding out of the bottom of the breast.  You might consider a third or fourth consultation with board certified plastic surgeons with a great deal of experience and excellent results with breast surgery.  Best wishes!

Lift?

Bad upon your lateral photo view, it does not look like you need a lift. Best to be seen in person..

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation, without need for a lift.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift probably not needed

Thank you for your question and photographs. It is harder to tell if you need a lift from the front photo with your arms elevated, however, based on the lateral picture, it does not appear that you need a lift. As long as the nipples are above the inframammary fold, a lift is generally not needed.  A dual plane position of the implant may give you a little lift to help with the final shape. Be sure to see an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. 

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

No lift

It appears that implants alone will work. I would likely use a silicone implant as your breast diameter is a bit narrow and silicone implants wrinkle less under thin skin. Please see a  few local board certified plastic surgeons, Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

To determine whether you need a breast lift is based on the position of the nipple in relation to the lower breast fold. This droopiness is called ptosis. In your situation your nipples appear above the fold and therefore a lift should not be needed. Your breast lower pole maybe a bit tight and be released a bit at surgery. This is to get a better shape in this location. An examination with 3D imaging would help you decide what you might want as a result.

Hope this helps!

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Will I require a Breast Lift?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo your nipple is above the fold beneath your breast so you should not need a breast lift.  A dual plane breast augmentation should be possible without a lift. For more information please read the link below: