What implant type is recommended to achieve full breasts through breast augmentation? (photos)

Is it realistically possible for my breast to look like either of the two full breast photos through breast augmentation? Thank you

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implant recommendation

Thank you for your question. There are many styles and profiles of implants.I typically use a Allergan Inspira silicone implant. I recommend this implant to my patients because it looks and feels the most natural. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified surgeon to discuss your options. 

Implant Type

The two major type implants are saline or silicone. From the photos you sent of you, I think a silicone type implant would give you the nicest result. The other example photos that you show demonstrates that you are wanting a very natural look which is good. Yes, this is something that can be achieved. I would consider getting some 3D imaging at your consult to be sure you will have your expectations met. 

Hope this helps!

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Implants

The best way to determine the implants that would be best for you is by having a consultation so measurements can be performed as well as implant sizers. Many factors come into play when picking an implant and that is why having a few consultations is best 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants for You

Rene.   Your photos demonstrate that you appear to be an excellent candidate and likely able to achieve your goals noted in the other photos. I would recommend silicone implants because you appear to be slim with little body fat. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the subject. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You can achieve fuller breasts with a breast augmentation. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements to recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. Bring your cosmetic goal pictures with you so the surgeon has a better idea of what you are looking for and can help determine the best implants for you. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

What implant type is recommended to achieve full breasts through breast augmentation?

Based on the pictures, you are likely to get a nice result with gel implants. It is not possible to match someone else's result exactly. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question and pictures.  

Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, much of the final look and feel achieved after breast augmentation surgery depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal. 

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing long-term well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone) or model (low/moderate/high profile) of implant.

3. The type of implant used may determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. In other words, if a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may make a significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” or "full breasts" etc

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Yes!

You are certainly a great candidate for breast augmentation.  I would recommend silicone filled gel breast implants.  Your surgeon will help you select the best size and the shape of your breast implants to achieve your goals.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Full breasts can project or be wide

i understand and can appreciate your confusion with all the available breastnimplanta we now have. When people request full breasts, some visualize a more projecting upper portion to the breast while others picture a wider breast. From the sample you have supplied, it is my impression that you would prefer a wider lower profile breast implant. Given the lack of tissue on the inner cleavage part of your breasts, I believe you would be better suited for a dual plane approach with radial Relaxing incision and a lower profile round smooth silicone implant