Is this normal healing or the start of necrosis? Am I just being paranoid? 16 days after TT w/muscle repair. (photos)

I am 16 days post op from a tummy tuck & muscle repair.

Is this normal healing or the start of necrosis? Am I just being paranoid? 16 days after TT w/muscle repair.

Based on the pictures, there appears to be normal healing with a thin scab. If concerned, notify your plastic surgeon. 

Healing of tummy tuck

It looks like you may have either dried blood or a thin layer of eschar in the center at the lower end of your incisions but you would have to be seen in person to be sure.

Necrosis

Tissue undergoing necrosis would present as a purple patch of skin progressing on to black tissue. There is no evidence of this from the photos that you have posted, and all appears normal for 16 days after your surgery.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon

Is this necrosis or not on my tummy tuck?

What I can see in this photo at only several days after the surgery I want to reassure you that there is no suggestion of necrosis.  Always follow up with your Plastic Surgeon, however

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Is this normal healing or the start of necrosis?

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures, it looks like your incision is healing good. Sometimes some redness can be present as well as some scabs on the incision. Contact your surgeon if you have any concerns.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Post op

Everything looks fine based on your photos. There are often areas of puffiness and skin wrinkling right after surgery. These smooth out as time progresses 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Normal wound healing after tummy tuck?

Your photos do not show loss of tissue (necrosis) and the incision appears to be healing.  Sometimes, the incision will be scabbed in one area and more red in other areas but this does not mean that the incision is not healing as expected.  You are only 16 days, so be reassured that your incision is ok.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon