I am wondering how difficult it would be to fix my nostrils and what procedure may work best? (Photos)

I had rhinoplasty in 2010 to fix a downward sloping nose. My nose looked fine from the front but sloped down from the side. I had a revision in 2011 because when she broke my nose there was a visible bump in the bridge which she then shaved down. Still Almost feels like a chunk is missing (my right side bridge at the top has a bump and the left doesn't) but you cannot really see it anymore. I am ok not revising that part but am wondering about my nostrils which are now visibly uneven.

Revison Rhinoplasty can correct your concerns

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I agree with your concerns. I suggest that you visit with a plastic surgeon that is experienced with the redo rhinoplasty procedure.  The corrections needed in your case will be challenging- and for best assurance should be performed by a  surgeon experienced with these types of cases who also clearly understands and appreciates your concerns and desired outcome.

Sergio P. Maggi, MD, FACS

Austin Plastic Surgery Center

drmaggi.com

I am wondering how difficult it would be to fix my nostrils and what procedure may work best?

Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so this is not an easy fix. The limited photographs demonstrate nostril asymmetry and a probable inverted V deformity. The nasal bones are still too wide relative to the bridge line and the upper lateral cartilages are displaced inward. Spreader grafts and osteotomies can address the inverted V deformity. A composite skin graft harvested from the ear is composed of skin and cartilage can be placed on the inside of the nostril rim to bring that alar retraction downward to closely match the opposite side. There is no perfect nose, just improvement. It is also very important to have realistic expectations, since this is your third rhinoplasty, and there's been extensive changes to the anatomy of the nose and scar tissue is present. For many examples and more information about revision rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below