What is this hard mass in my belly?

One month after CS, I have a hard banana shaped mass in my belly on the right side. What is it? Am I supposed to have pain 1 month after CS? Even light housework causes pain severe enough to double me over! I'm afraid something has gone wrong! Had the large device used on belly. When will I start feeling normal? Does the 3 months it takes to see results mean I'll be in pain and unable to participate in normal activities that whole time??

What is this hard mass in my belly?

Thank you for your question. So sorry to hear about your experience. If it persists, it could be paradoxical hyperplasia, which would require liposuction to fix. I would recommend contacting your treating physician as they will be able to connect you to Zeltiq. Regards,

What is this hard mass in my belly?

Hi and sorry to hear about your postoperative problems. It is simply too early to know but it might be paradoxical hyperplasia. There is no treatment recommended at this time, but if it persists you may require liposuction to correct it. If that is the case make sure you see a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and Hyperplasia

I have seen many patients with this, a hyperplasia post coolsculpting that requires liposuction to fix it.  I find that VASER hi def is the best option.  Please see a body sculpting expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.