I'm 3 and a half months post op, and got a slight bump to my nose. Will the bone and cartilage be well settled?

How Healed is my nose a little over 3 1/2 months post op? On the 16 of April I'll officially be 4 months post op. As I mentioned I got a slight bump, no pain/bleeding. At over 3months , is the cartilage and bone well settled??

Rhinoplasty

Usually by 3 1/2 months the bone and cartilage has healed. You will likely still be very swollen for the next several months.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting question.
Swelling time after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity (Ex.: Rhinoplasty with nasal controled nasal bones fracture (osteotomy) will have greater inflammation than one in which only the nasal tip treatment).
But, generally the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

After three months will the bone be settled.

Usually after rhinoplasty things are quite settled by four weeks post procedure with a full return to exercise and activity. Once fractured the nose is more easily fractured again but most will not recommend any spaecial precautiuon.

Bump post op

Congrats on your rhinoplasty, alyazmalim! It is hard to tell if the bump is "normal" or not because it really depends on what kind of rhinoplasty you had. Sometimes rhinoplasty surgeons may place cartilage grafts over the dorsum and sometimes this can be felt as a "bump." Everyone heals differently and sometimes swelling doesn't really settle down until after a year from surgery. Maintaining follow up with your plastic surgeon is important and your concerns can be addressed in person. Best of luck MMT

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question, alyazmalim. You are not fully healed until you are 12 months post op. Many patients can see early signs of their results at the 3.5 to 4 month mark but it depends on the patient. I suggest you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon to ensure they are up to date with your recent trauma during recovery. It sounds like the trauma was minimal and will not have long-term effects.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon