Does flex distortion after a breast aug generally improve in time?

I am almost 2 weeks out from my breast augmentation. I received silicone gel under the muscle, 330cc going from a 32 A. As I've started doing more, I've noticed slight movement of my breasts when my muscles flex. While I expected this to occur, I'm curious if flex distortion intensity varies as the breasts heal. Does it tend to become more pronounced, does it get better as the breasts heal, or does it generally stay the same?

Does flex distortion after a breast augmentation generally improve in time.

There is likely to be some movement after submuscular breast augmentation, though we do feel that it will improve over time. For some there are certain motions such as a push up that can be an issue for you. Your surgeon can assess with you to make sure things are starting off right.

Flex Distortionn

It is not uncommon to experience your described issues, but they should resolve or at least improve over time. It can be especially noticeable when lifting weights. Check in with your surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Flexion of muscles

Yes, some flexion movement of the implants is normal after surgery. This might also be related to spasm of the muscle and swelling.

Flex distortion after breast augmentation

Some movement is normal. You are still very early in the healing and setting process.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended. 

Flex distortion

yes after augmentation under the muscle when you engage the pectoralis muscle your implants will move. This occurs with everyone. It gets better with time and usually is visualized more when lifting weights.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Some movement is normal when implants are under the muscle. Time will tell if it gets better or not. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Muscle motion

Movement is somewhat normal after implants under the muscle. Usually it is mild and not noticeable in everyday activities. If it worsens make sure you discuss with your surgeon 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon