Is a breast lift needed?

I've had two consultations with different surgeons. One said I would need a lift, the other said I didn't. I would like to have fuller, natural looking breasts that are proportionate to my body. Thank you

Is a breast lift needed?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Is a breast lift needed?

Without any pictures it is impossible to give you a answer.      It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Breast Lift .  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Is a Breast Lift Needed

Honestly, the decision to have a breast lift is completely up to you.

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Is a breast lift needed?

It is very difficult to answer your question without photographs.  Consider reposting with photos attached.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Find a surgeon you can trust

It’s always difficult to determine the most suitable treatment for you when you’re getting different opinions, and because there’s no photo attached to your question, it would be difficult to give my opinion. Which surgeon do you feel most comfortable with and trust most? A better experience and outcome is often based on a good surgeon and patient relationship. I’d suggest going with the surgeon you have the best rapport with. You can also consider getting a third opinion.

Is a breast lift needed?

Without seeing your breasts and knowing your expectations, it is not possible to offer any suggestions. Best to discuss theses questions in person. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Lift?

You need to post photos in order to determine whether or not you  might need a lift.  Best of luck.....

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Without photos, it is impossible to give you any specific evaluation. However, general concepts are that if you have droopy breasts, implants will make you have a bigger droopy breasts. Although an implant will give you a larger cup size, it's additional weight and size will stretch the breast out so that overtime, drooping may recur especially in a patient to skin envelope is compromised and very thin. With this stretching, this could also increase the visible or palpable rippling that an implant will produce. In many patients, the appearance of a lift may be produced with an implant, which is called a swing affect, but this may not necessarily be enough to compensate for a severely droopy breasts.

A breast lift will restore the position of a droopy breasts to a more youthful state even those scars will be placed. With the circum-vertical or lollipop type approaches, scarring can be reduced and the shape of the breast can also be improved over the more traditional anchor type of scars which in most cases are not necessary in patients who have the type of grouping that you may have. I know this can be confusing. I would certainly encourage you to visit the video attached below for any other information. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Is a breast lift needed?

Thank you for your question.  Based on the photos you submitted from your other question, you do not appear to need a lift whatsoever.  Your breasts have no degree of ptosis with the nipples sitting well above the inframammary fold.  You simply need a breast augmentation with appropriate management of the IMF and lower pole breast tissue for correct rounding out of the bottom of the breast.  You might consider a third or fourth consultation with board certified plastic surgeons with a great deal of experience and excellent results with breast surgery.  Best wishes!