Had breast augmentation one week after core biopsy; why am I in so much pain?

Had breast augmentation one week after core biopsy. It's day 3 since surgery and in the breast I have biopsy (they clamped it so it would show up on future mammograms as already checked) I have severe pain 9/10 to 10/10 after I have been laying down. Once I get up and move around the pain subsides but when I wake up - pain is severe and in the biopsy breast only.

Pain After BBA/Biopsy

I'm sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Your Plastic Surgeon can assess you for problems and prescribe pain medication. I recommend that you give them a call.

All the best

Thank you for your question. In my opinion, #postoperative #pain that is #severe, or rated a 9 or 10 out of ten should be #evaluated by your #BCPS. Please give your PS a call. He needs to know what you are experiencing to make sure you are taken care of properly. Best wishes!

Pain after breast augmentation

While pain after either breast biopsy or breast augmentation is quite common, if I hear that the pain is severe and out of proportion to what the average patient may experience, I would have the patient come in to have a look at. Call your operating plastic surgeon for advice. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Pain After Breast Augmentation?

While it is most likely just pain after the surgery and will most likely subside, the fact that you are having so much pain warrants a call to your surgeon to discuss the issue.  They may want to examine you in person to make sure there isn't something going on.  Best of luck!

-Dr. Dan Krochmal

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Pain one week post op.

Tough one.  Not sure.  About a week later, my guess is that area specifically might be inflammed as it is healing. The implant itself may be causing some discomfort in that specific location where the biopsy site was.  When you get up, the implant moves out of that area so the pain goes away.  A good exam by your surgeon might solve this mystery for you.  Also, with a bit more healing and time, this will take care of itself. Let your surgeon know.  Good luck.  Hang in there.
Dr Vasisht  

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon