Blood 11 months post septo/rhinoplasty. Is it normal?

I'm 11 months post op my septo/rhinoplasty and there is fresh red blood when I blow my nose what is this? Is it normal? Pleas assure me.

Nasal Bleeding After Septorhinoplasty

Dear alyazmalim~

There are many potential causes for nosebleeds that may or may not be related to the surgery you had.  You could have dryness or inflammation of the mucosa from allergies or trauma, or a prominent blood vessel on the septum that is prone to bleeding with manipulation.  Depending on the cause of the bleeding, you may benefit from nasal sprays, ointment, or perhaps cauterization of the septum.

Please see a physician for an in-person exam and recommendations.

Amy Hsu

#Septoplasty

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concern at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon