I have a gap. It's not that big in my front teeth. Am I going to need braces? (Photo)

I'm I going to need braces

Doctor Answers 1

Upper anterior diastema

Hi, lol_itsme!

Thanks for your question and picture! If you can believe it, dentists actually have a technical name for your gap on top: diastema. Many people like to close the gaps between their teeth. They like having the teeth lined up right next to each other. Using braces from an orthodontist is a wonderful way to close the gaps and help improve your smile. Please contact your nearest orthodontist to discuss your treatment more fully. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the result!

Best, Dr. Schofield

Irving Orthodontist
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.