I need an honest opinion.. Should I look into a forehead reduction? (photos)

I am 19 years old and have never felt confident. Im always worrying about taking pictures with others because my forehead is my predominant feature. Im tired of feeling this way. I know I am young but the big forehead runs in the family and im studying to be a cosmetologist so I want to be more confident.

You can achieve up to 2-2.5 cm of advancement with a scalp flap. There is a scar involved but it usually fades away very well. Micrografts can be used to conceal the scar if necessary after the healing process is complete.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Hairline lowering

This is a tough and a personal decision. If it would make you happier and more content plus give you more confidence I think you should go ahead. Do your research and look at the photographic results of the various doctors doing either surgical hairline lowering procedure or hair transplant to lower your existing hairline. Make sure you chose someone with plenty of experience with female hairline redesigning or as I call it framing of the face.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

The decision to have a forehead reduction or any cosmetic surgery should be your personal choice.

The decision to have a forehead reduction or any cosmetic surgery should be your personal choice. If you are considering options you need to start by seeing a doctor in person for a consultation and examination.  See as many doctors as you can for a variety of opinions.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Forehead reduction

Thanks for the question, 
At the end it is your decision weather to have the surgery or not, and you need to feel comfortable by the decision. but will benefit significantly by forehead reduction. 
good luck!

Ali Totonchi, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Forehead reduction

When it comes to any cosmetic surgery, it is always a personal decision when you are healthy. No doctor can tell you whether to do it or not to do it. If it bothers you a enough to spend the time and the money to do it, then go for it. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Should I Consider a Forehead Reduction?

Should I consider a forehead reduction? A forehead reduction would significantly improve your facial proportions and feminize your looks. This can be done with or without the use of expanders depending on the laxity of your scalp. I suggest you consider the Irregular Trichophytjc Hairline Incision Technique that we described many years ago. 

Big forehead

Your first approach to a better appearance is a hair style that covers the forehead. If this has not satisfied you, a surgical forehead reduction by lowering your hairline can work. You have to have good scalp laxity to do this in a one stage operaion. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon