Can Botox injection around the eyes and on the forehead result in a condition called "wrinkled retina"?

Botox causing wrinkled Retina?

my husband is a Retina specialist and surgeon. A wrinkled Retina or an epiretinal membrane is a proliferation of glial cells on your Retina. It may or may not be clinically significant and it is certainly not caused by Botox injections around the eyes or forehead. Anatomically, the Retina is very far away and deep to the muscles that are being injected on your forehead or around your eyes. There is no connection and there no way to leak and affect it. Even if Botox was injected directly on the Retina, a wrinkle would be more likely to be cause by the traction of a needle on the vitreous rather than the actual botulinum toxin drug. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Botox & the Retina

No, Botox won't cause complications with your retina. I'm not sure why you're concerned, so I advise you to discuss this with your Dr. if you're experiencing symptoms or prior to your treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox around the eyes won't affect retina

The Botox around the eyes won't affect the retina at all. There is no risk possible. Keep in mind that the effects of Botox are also temporary.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox and retina

the short answer is no.  If you have concerns discuss it with your doctor.  Botox wamicthas initially used around the eyes as an ophthalmic product

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist