What does a childhood Inguinal Hernia have to do with gastric sleeve?

I had a WLS office (not the actual doctor) tell me that they won't operate with that. They asked about a haital hernia and I didn't even know what that was, but told them I had a hernia removed down by my pubic area. The woman said that counted too. It is in my groin area and nowhere near my stomach. It happened in 1990 when I was 6 (now 32). This makes no sense to me.

If you had a inguinal hernia when you were 6 years this does not affect due to the area is in the lower abdomen and if you need to do a Gastric Sleeve to loose weight there is no real contraindication to have this weight loss surgery.

Mexico Bariatric Surgeon