What happened to my eye after ptosis surgery? (Photos)

I've had ptosis surgery 7 months ago and my eye looks really weird when I tilt my head up or am looking at someone shorter than me. What do I do to fix? The one I had surgery on is the left one which is the one hats open more.

Eyelid Asymmetry

The photographs you provided are limited but appear to show a less well-defined eyelid crease and lid lag. Was your ptosis related to any underlying conditions (such as thyroid problems or myasthenia gravis)? I would suggest an evaluation with an oculoplastic surgeon to check your levator function.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy Eyelid (Ptosis): what happened after my surgery?

Droopy eyelids from ptosis of the lid margin can be very difficult to repair.  This is especially if you were born with this condition.  You did not provide photos with your gaze appearing straight ahead, which is the standard that eyelid surgeons try to fix.  The tendon that has to be replaced is a moving structure and not very well developed in some patients making the repair even more challenging.  We often are not able to make the eyelids completely symmetric in all positions of gaze (up, down, straight ahead etc.).  The main goal is to give you an elevated eyelid to help with your peripheral vision and to improve symmetry in straight ahead gaze, which is how you interact and communicate with others.  I would talk to your original surgeon if you still have concerns.  Hopefully, your operated eye is more open now and helping your peripheral vision for driving, walking, and for reading/computer work etc.  Best regards.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon