How long after complete hysterectomy and bladder sling vaginal to have mommy makeover?

Time Between a Major Surgery and Elective Procedures

The time between having electoral #cosmetic surgery after a major surgery depends on the surgery. Its best to consult with the surgeon or specialist you recently had the major surgery with to gain perspective as to when cosmetic surgery can be scheduled. 

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation.

Mommy makeover following hysterectomy and bladder sling

I would advise you to wait at least two months prior to scheduling another surgery as long as you did not experience any complications from your hysterectomy. Be sure to consult your gyn surgeon and also follow the advise of your board certified plastic surgeon. 

Medical clearance

You want to give your body time to heal, 6-8wks should be okay as long as you are cleared by your OB/GYN. Good luck! Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Wait time

I would recommend you wait 6-8 weeks at a minimum to make sure you are fully healed from your hysterectomy and bladder sling procedures.  Make sure your OB/GYN is OK with you proceeding with elective mommy makeover surgery.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Hello!  Thank you for your question!  There is no definitive answer.  Typically, a period of 3-6 months is reasonable between procedures to give you adequate time for healing from your last procedure as well as getting ready for your next one.  Certainly, tis will also depend on everything being healed and that you are mentally and physically ready to undergo your next procedure.  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

After a hysterectomy it's probably good idea to wait 3 to 6 months before having a mommy makeover.

Depending on your health and the rate at which are healing from the hysterectomy I would advise you to postpone surgery for least 3 to 6 months. This is just one opinion and other surgeons might feel differently.

You will receive the most relevant information/advice  from the physicians who know your situation best. In your case, run your questions/plans by your GYN physician and your selected plastic surgeon. It is likely that waiting at least 3 to 6 months (assuming you are otherwise a good candidate for the planned procedures) will be in your best interests.  Best wishes.

Thank you for the question!  I would allow for complete recovery to take place.  There is no definitive time frame in the medical literature, but I would recommend 6 months based on my experience.  Other surgeons may recommend earlier or later.  I would require clearance from your OB/GYN before proceeding.  Best of luck.

-- Dr. Mussman

Jason Mussman, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

In most cases I would suggest waiting 3 to 6 months after having a hysterectomy and vaginal sling surgery, before having a mommy makeover.  However, I would also check with the surgeon who performed your other  surgeries.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

You should get input from the surgeon who performed the hysterectomy and from the surgeon you have selected for the mommy makeover.