Are my implants bottoming out? 8 weeks post op. (photos)

I had a breast lift with augmentation 8 weeks ago. I am just now noticing my breasts seem to be low on my chest wall, and I think my areola is higher on my breast mound than I remember it being a few weeks ago. I am concerned that the implants are settling too low. My doctor did not say anything was amiss at my 6 week and final post operative appointment (2 weeks ago). Should I go back in and have them take a look?

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question. In general there is some setting of the implants that occurs during the initial three months after surgery. It would be helpful to know what your breasts looked like before the surgery. You should keep in mind the two opposing forces that are at work here. The lift is trying to keep the breast up and the force of gravity is pulling the breast, which is now heavier because of the implant, down. It is best to wait and see what develops in the next few weeks to a couple of months. Good luck!

Implant to areola position

It is best for you to allow things to heal right now.  It may be that your  areola are positioned a bit high or possible that the implants are settling a bit low. Hard to say for sure without a personal exam.

Breast lift and augmentation - are my implants bottoming out?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and augmentation.
  • I see what you mean but it is too early to be sure.
  • I suggest you take another photo a month from now and another in another month -
  • It will be clear by then if there is a problem.
  • Even if you are not sure, return to your surgeon after six months to be examined and to compare photos then with photos taken at six weeks.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Nipple position after lift/augmentation

There is some truth in your observation. You should address your concerns with a surgeon during your next visit. This can be corrected if needed with elevation of the inframammary fold. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Are my implants bottoming out? 8 weeks post op.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD