Would liposuction or a tummy tuck be better for me? Can I do lipo on more than one area in the same day? (Photo)

would I be able to do lipo. on my arms and back the same day? an about how many inches of fat do you loose with this procedure? an is it also a permanent procedure as well?

How many areas of liposuction - and is a tummy tuck needed.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and tummy tuck.

• You question is fairly complex -
  • The best approach is a full consultation.
  • However, for your back - definitely liposuction.
  • For your arms - it may be liposuction and an arm lift - or your skin will be very loose.
  • For your tummy, one needs to do an examination. Liposuction can be done and may be the best approach.
  • There is a limit to how much liposuction can be safely done at the same time.
  • The number of inches you lose cannot be predicted.
  • After liposuction, if you stay the same weight, results are permanent but fat will reappear in new areas.
  • If you gain weight, fat will also reappear in the treated areas.
  • If you lose ten pounds after liposuction, fat is unlikely to reappear.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

You’d benefits from a combination of liposuction and tummy tuck.

Based upon your photos, I’d recommend a tummy tuck for your abdominal region. A tummy tuck can eliminate excess skin around the stomach for a more contoured look. Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss, and there’s no way of knowing how many inches a liposuction procedure will remove. Liposuction is designed to remove diet and exercise resistant fat in people who are close to or at their target weight, and would not offer you much improvement. An arm lift would be best-suited to address your sagging arms, as an arm lift removes excess skin. I suggest that you have an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to explore your options.

Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck

From your photos, I would say you would better get a tummy tuck and an arm reduction. This will give you better result than liposuction procedure. Liposuction is a treatment to remove excess fat, whereas a tummy tuck and an arm reduction are procedures that helps remove both excess fat and redundant skin.

Lipo? Can you do moer than one area at a time?

First, thank you for your inquiry and photos. I'm afraid you have far too much excess skin and fat for a liposuction. You will need a full tummy tuck at a minimum. For your arms, this would require a brachioplasty for the best results. I suggest that you see your health specialist for a weight loss program, and then make an appointment to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a plan to achieve your goals. Again, thank you for your question.

Tummytuck or Liposuction?

It appears from your photos that your BMI is high, so weight loss should be your first option. After weight loss and BMI reduced to at least less than 35, liposuction with Tummytuck is an option. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about weight loss prior to cosmetic surgery, as it may prove helpful. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring / Tummy tuck / Mommy Makeover

You need both liposuction and a tummy tuck but as much weight loss as possible first would be best.  Dr. Emer.

Lipo or tummy tuck

I think that you need to lose weight first and then determine what you need.  You will most likely need a tummy tuck.

Lipo Areas

In your case, It's reasonable to sculpt your arms and bra rolls during one session. Anything more than that is too much and really should be completed 2 or more days after the first procedure. You will be significantly smaller after the procedure but you do have some skin laxity issues that can be further addressed with additional procedures. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Weight loss

Thank you for the photos and question and whereas all the desired procedures could be done on the same day, you would be a better candidate for them after weight loss

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Tummy tuck vs liposuction

Thank you for your question.  My first recommendation would be to lower your weight closer to your ideal body weight, or at least to a BMI of approximately 30 or less.  It has been proven that the risk of complications from surgery increases significantly with a BMI over 30.  You will ultimately need a procedure(s) that reduce the amount of excess skin combined with liposuction of other areas for a better overall result.  Hope this helps. Best wishes!