Should I get upper or lower jaw surgery or both? (photos)

I have an underbite, it isnt the most severe case. But it bothers me, my bottom teeth have kind of tilted back to align woth my top teeth and i will be getting braces, Im not sure what route to take to fix my bite. Im not sure if its related but i also find it hate to breathe through my nose and usually breathe through my mouth. the sides of my jaw also often hurt and click. Thanks!

Doctor Answers 1

Orthognathic Jaw Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You may require 2 jaw surgery, but can only be determined after a consultation with both an orthodontist and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. After a full workup with measurements based on X-rays and CT scans, All options will be given to you for you.

Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.