I had an areola lift and implants, one is still bigger than the other and saggy is this easy to fix? (photos)

I'm on my 9th wk post op have no cleavage what's so ever , one nipple is higher than other and right breast is still smaller than left (like preop) Dr used same size implant on both even though my breast were different sizes.

Breast lift but breast still saggy

Hi Azeliar,

Thanks for your question and photos. It's hard to tell exactly based on your photos. But it all depends on what was done. Typically donut or benelli lifts have miminal lifting power because they are removing a little skin and sometimes not enough to tighten the skin. I would recommend waiting and expressing your concerns with your surgeon. it is certainly correctable but you will likely need more skin removal or bigger implants. The person that would know best is your surgeon. Be patient and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#mastopexy #cleavage 

I had an areola lift and implants, one is still bigger than the other and saggy is this easy to fix?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Healing After Breast Lift and Implants

Hello and thank you for using RealSelf.com.
The pictures are not really good enough to give you a definitive answer as an examination will give you more exact answers to your questions.  However, you do seem larger on one side and one nipple is lower than the other.  Areola lifts commonly leave you with different nipple locations much more often than standard lifts with anchor scars.  In regards to the size difference, there may be some improvement as healing continues.
You need to let yourself heal before you get too concerned about the final result.  Six months is the minimum to wait.  If you are still not happy, talk to your doctor.  If you do not get any help from him or her, you may want to seek another one or two opinions from experience board-certified plastic surgeons.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Different size

It is very common to use the same sized implants if there is a subtle difference in the size of the breasts to start wtih. It can be very difficult to make two breasts the same size when there is such a small difference. I did not see or know what your size difference was to start with so it is hard to say if that was your case. I would suggest you let your surgeon know and if you trust them then you can feel comfortable that they did everything possible to keep the same size breasts. I do not use different size implants until patients look to have about 75-100 cc's of difference to start with. Sometimes in the operating room I may decide at that time to use different size implants when I was not expecting too based on how the implants look on the table. I hope this helps. Sincerely, DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast Asymmetry

Hello,Unfortunately, you will need to be examined to determine what the best course of action would be. Please visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision surgery.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry after augmentation mastopexy

Thank you for your question and photos.   Small revisions will occasionally be required after augmentation mastopexy procedures.  There may sometimes be settling and differences in areola size or position.  Small things like this can be touched up in the office with numbing medicine. Bigger issues like breast size differences typically require corrective surgery under anesthesia.  Best to discuss with your surgeon.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon