What is a good treatment for me? I've been told, fraxel restore, microneedling, dot laser? (photo)

I just don't know who to go to anymore. I've researched and I've heard bad cases about lasers, and that subcisions work best. I wonder which methods are safe and will help with my type of scarring since i'm hispanic. I live in wichita, ks but every person tells me different.

Acne Scarring

Good afternoon and thank you for your question! Microneedling is an excellent option for darker ethnic skin, however, you would need a series of treatments to get a noticeable result. Fractora, which is radio-frequency and microneedling combined, is great for all skin colors and for acne scarring. No matter which treatment you decide to go with you will most likely need a series. It is best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist before continuing with any treatment. For more information please feel free to look at our website!

Acne Scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Acne scars

I treat lots of Hispanic patients and understand different skin types respond differently to treatments.  I think microneedling is an excellent first choice, especially when combined with PRP.  As long as you don't have a tendency to hyper-pigment.

Subcision for deeper scars is beneficial as well.  Last, Bellafil- a semi permanent filler has excellent applications with acne scars.  It works differently than hyluronic acid fillers, so does not tend to wear off.

Good luck to you,

Dr. Powell

Acne scars

Good luck to you,

Dr. Powell

Acne scars

Acne scars have always been a challenge to treat, and it can seem very confusing hearing about various types of lasers and energy devices. Subcision can be helpful for tightly bound scars. If you haven't tried any treatment yet, I would recommend doing 4 to 6 microneedling from someone who is very experienced with it and has had success with acne scars. It's a simple painless procedure, with little downtime compared with energy-based treatments, and is less expensive than other treatments as well. If you don't see any improvement with a few sessions, then you can consider an energy-based treatment. I would see if Infini RF is available in your community. It's a very precise way of getting energy targeted to the right area of the skin for collagen remodeling.

Acne scars

Improving Acne Scars with lasers, fillers, subcision and microneedling/prp--takes a series of treatments

This type of scarring needs a combination approach with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. Acne scars can't be cured, but they can be improved. It will take a series of treatments and may need life-long treatments to maintain. I recommend seeing an acne scarring expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer