What is a good treatment to remove an old Burn Scar from 25 years ago? (photo)

I have an old burn in my left cheek it is half inch it was from a hot an iron tool which is "Lighter oven" I was 5 years old and now I am 31 years old. so what is a good treatment to remove that? it makes me shy and I use my hair to cover it all the years :( please help me

Old Burns Scars May Be Improved With Fractional Microneedle Therapy & Subcision

First, let me say that I am sorry that you are suffering with this. In general, I typically treat burn scars with a series of fractional microneedle treatments to improve the surface characteristics and promote better blending of the scar with the surrounding normal skin. However, in this case, there appears to be a square-shaped, depressed border to the scar that was created by the metal lighter tool. As a result, I would consider treating the border first with subscision to help raise this region up to be more flush with the central portion of the scar and the surrounding normal skin. 

Briefly, subcision, which is performed using only local anesthesia, involves the use of a needle-like cutting device to break up the scar tissue below that is tethering the surface of the skin downward. This allows the surface tissue to float upward, while promoting neocollagenesis (new, native collagen production) to act as a platform below it. If necessary, a small amount of bio-stimulatory filler, such as Radiesse, may be injected to yield more immediate aesthetic results and to help the new collagen synthesis process along.

As is not uncommon with scars of all kinds, the surface of the scar will likely require fractional microneedle therapy to help to better blend the surface of the scar with the surrounding normal skin. For more information on these simple, quick, and relatively inexpensive treatments, please check out the Realself.com archives.

Consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician with expertise and experience with all forms of scar treatment methods is essential for a gratifying outcome.