How Effective is a Mini Lift After a Full Facelift?

I had a full surgical facelift at 48. It included neck and brow plus I had my eyes lifted too. Great result. I am now 61 and am getting some sag and jowls again (minimal). Would a mini face lift now be a good option for me? Thank you.

Mini Lift After Facelift

A mini lift is a great option for treatment of the aging face, even if you have had a full facelift before. This technique can provide a fresher looking face after the years pass and age begins to show its effects. I feel that overall a minilift is a safer option after a full facelift has been performed.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Mini Lift should do quite nicely for a bit of a refresher face.

You would probably do quite nicely for a mini lift touch me upper.  They are done under local anesthesia now with a little sedation if needed and run about $8500 with a lot less recovery time and easy to go through.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Full Facelift V Minilift

Hi Jency

If your skin is loose, sagging or creating the appearance of jowls you may be a good candidate for Conceptâ„¢ Facelift Surgery. This type of Rhytidectomy is unique as the facelift is performed under local anaesthetic, and is less invasive than traditional methods, meaning the cosmetic surgery has a significantly faster recovery time.

The cosmetic procedure is similar to a mini facelift as it is performed with a short scar that runs in front of the ear, down to the ear lobe and tucked behind the ear. There will be no dressings or drains afterwards. This is performed as a day case, walk in-walk out procedure with minimal bruising and downtime.

This innovative procedure combines the latest surgical techniques with the use of local anaesthetic to dramatically reduce the risks associated with traditional facelifts, while significantly reducing the bruising and downtime of your recovery, from months to a matter of days.

All the best in achieving the results you are after.

Mini Lift can be used to "freshen up" a previous Facelift

A well done Mini Lift can help restore the fresh look gained from a Facelift that was done several years before. In fact, unless the aging changes that have occurred since the first surgery are moderate or severe, a Mini Lift will achieve great results with quicker recovery and a natural look. Sometimes though a more extensive facelift will be needed the second time around if mother nature and genetics have caused significant aging changes to occurr.

Kamran Jafri, MD

Mini lift after face lift

Thank you for asking about a mini-lift after having an excellent face lift result 13 years ago,

• A second lower face and neck lift should be done,
  • It costs no more than a mini-lift,
  • Recovery is faster,
  • Mini-lifts are easy but can be distorting and will go across the suspension of your first face lift. Best wishes.

Secondary facelift

Face lifts are great procedures, but they do not stop the aging process.  It is not unusual to need a second face lift 10-20 years after the first one.  Most patients do very well with the second face lift, the scars are the same, the recovery is quicker and there is less bruising and swelling.  

Go for it!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelift after Full Facelift

Yes, a "mini" may be all you need to get you back to looking and feeling your best. However, it depends on your lifestyle (smoking, sun exposure), and natural aging factors. Occasionally other procedures such as fat grafting and skin resurfacing play a role in secondary facelift surgery.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

This may get you back to that great look you liked

Great question and one I get asked a lot.  Fifteen years after a facelift you probably don't have all the signs of aging and people don't guess your age right.  But those nagging little things that are no longer "perfect" can be addressed usually without signing up for the full meal plan.  A mini lift can be customized to pull just where you need it to fix this. And the recovery is much shorter.  I think you will really appreciate what it can do for you.

Mini facelift years after a full facelift

A mini facelift could be exactly what you are looking for depending on your aging changes.  Just remember every doctor has a different definition of "mini" facelift so please go over the details of what is being done.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Mini lift is successful, revision facelifts can be very helpful.

I believe you may have relaxed enough and had adequate time for healing since your previous work. As a facial surgeon, I see a number of patients for revision work on the lower face. If possible, try to obtain previous operative notes. This will help your surgeons determine the appropriate techniques and likely operative findings. There are many names for this type of procedure. Take time to educate yourself about your surgeons and the science behind the surgical lift. You should achieve a very safe and natural result. Best Regards, Dr. Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon