do you think it will be a good idea to do a 2nd brazilian butt lift?

I had the procedure done not long ago, but I am not satisfied with the results. My surgeon did not mention about gaining a little more weight to have a more successful surgery. However, I wanted to know if it's a good idea to wait a couple of months then gain a few more pounds to redo the procedure since I don't have any fat right now to transfer what are the advantages or disadvantages of having it done the second time? Could this be more successful? I appreciate your help and advice?

Do you think it will be a good idea to do a 2nd brazilian butt lift?

It depends on how much fat you have for a touch up BBL. At times I would use inner thigh and arm fat for additional adipose tissue. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

A second Brazilian Butt LIft is an option.....

Having the Brazilian Butt Lift done a second time is an option as long as you have enough fat to be transferred. Gaining weight is an option as long as you gain it in the areas that you are going to have liposuctioned. But, you also need to plan to remain at that new weight in order to maintain the new fullness of your buttocks. When you gain weight, fat cells get larger. When you lose weight, they shrink. So to enlarge them before surgery then shrink them after surgery really isn't going to help your buttocks volume very much.  

Also, I would only do it a second time if you believe the majority of the fat cells survived.  If not, then it might be a technique issue or related to your activities after surgery.  For the fat cells to survive, you need to follow all of your surgeons recommendations and the technique used by your surgeon needs to be optimal. 

Good luck

Repeat Brazilian Butt Lift

This is often the case in many patients. As long as you have enough unwanted fat in other areas this should not be a problem. In my practice I have my patients wait a minimum of 6 months or longer

Repeating a Brazilian Butt Lift

Yes if you are not satisfied with your results I would recommend to do it again.  Often you have to add fat to the butt on several occasions because not all of it will survive the transfer.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

When to do a revision Brazilian butt lift

The Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective technique that can improve the contour of your bottom and create a beautiful result. It is a combination of procedures that consists of aggressive liposuction of the abdomen hips and waist and lower back, separation and processing of the fat that has been collected, and strategic grafting to the gluteal area.

In our practice, we have performed this surgery in a wide variety of patients. We have also performed the surgery as a revision on patients who received fat grafting from other providers. A secondary Brazilian butt lift may be very effective in helping the patient finally meet their aesthetic goals. Patients however must understand that this revision surgery is much more difficult than the initial procedure. For this reason, it is essential that you work with a plastic that is board-certified by the American Board of plastic surgery. You also need to make sure that your plastic surgeon has a great deal of experience with fat grafting, Brazilian butt lift techniques and liposuction. As you already had liposuction, the subcutaneous tissue and fat in your body has been altered and is more fibrous. Further liposuction may be possible but your plastic surgeon needs to carefully assess your tissue to determine if you have enough volume to make a revision successful. In our practice, we performed a revision successfully and we have also had patients that we recommended they gain weight before the revision to ensure that they have enough material to meet their goals.

Repeat Brazilian?

There are many reasons that I do not recommend a repeat brazilian buttock enhancement. One is the paucity of fat once it has been harvested. This operation needs fat and its absence means disappointment. Second, the recipient area of the buttocks has no doubt become scarred from the first operation. This causes not such a suitable environment for the fat cells to live in, and again can mean disappointment. My recommendation is to either be satisfied with what you have or research implants. Best of luck.

Sepehr Egrari, MD

Brazilian Butt

You can have a repeat procedure done, but it is best to wait for atleast 6 months. During this period if you gain weight you will no the response on your buttock. Gaining more fat to transfer is not a good idea in my view because the result will be more predictable if the weight is stabilized.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt lift & Weight gain in Atlanta

A second stage fat transfer for Brazilian butt augmentation is very possible. However, before you start gaining weight for the second procedure, please, please check with your Plastic surgeon. First, you may have enough fat depending on the amount needed to achieve your goals. In my practice, I will look everywhere to find fat for transfer. Second, before you gain weight, make sure you can afford this second butt lift. If you gain weight and your finances change, you may be dealing with the extra weight for a while. Finally, I would recommend waiting for at least 6 months before doing the second procedure.

Stanley Okoro, MD

You must have extra fat for Brazilian Butt Lift.

Basically with Brazilian butt lift, there MUST be fat to inject.  A person with little to no extra fat is not a good candidate and therefore the surgery is impossible.  Talk with your PS and see if he/she aggrees to give you a second surgery before you try gaining any weight, as weight loss and weight gain seriously affects your results. 

A Second Brazilian Butt Lift Requires An Adequate Fat Donor Site

Many Brazilian Butt Lifts require a second stage fat transfer to get an optimal result. The issue with doing it again is whether you will have enough fat to do so. I would not count on weight gain to generate enough fat to be taken again from the last donor site. Secondary harvesting from the same donor site is usually far less rewarding than the first time due to scar. Enough fat can probably be obtained if you have another adequate donor site that has not yet been harvested. It does not sound like you do. I would wait a year from the last surgery to even attempt another harvest from the same donor site.