Am I Good Candidate for Vaser Lipo?

I am interested in getting vaser lipo. I have worked extremely hard to lose weight in order to get a flat stomach, instead I was left with lose skin. I stomach is soft after losing 15 pounds. I am frustrated, because I dont know what to do to get a nice flat stomach and back. Would vaser lipo help me get to the next level? I dont need a lot of fat taken out, its more like shaping my body, is lipo what I need?

Vaser Liposuction for a flatter stomach

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In general Vaser lipo selection helps to smooth out the abdomen and hips through emulsification of the fat.  It requires less force and has been shown in select studies to heal with less bruising.  In my experience it works well for someone whom is young and healthy as an adjunct to a great diet and exercise.  It really provides a boost or jump start for the physic. It is hard to tell from pictures if the skin is loose.  If it is I often recommend considering an abdominoplasty or mini abdominoplasty to tighten the skin in a more predictable way than liposuction (Vaser or Laser) offers - if loose skin is of concern.  If the looseness of the skin is of no concern and size is the issue Liposuction is often all that is required to meet ones goals. Keep up the great work!

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Am I Good Candidate for Vaser Lipo

An ideal  #candidate for Vaser Liposuction is a person in good health who seeks a minimally invasive way to remove stubborn fat with less downtime than traditional #liposuction.  Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring.  Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates.

There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs. Vaser Lipo  is capable of removing fat from resilent areas providing a smoother and slimmer results. It is common for reducing love handles, extra skin along the bra line or flanks on many female patients. Additionally, it is often applied to the reduction of male breast surgeries, called gynecomastia surgery. Meanwhile, Vaser Hi-Def  targets both deep and superficial fat cells which is found around muscle tissue. This is suggested to tone and defined rather than reduce fat when not necessary. Finally, Vaser #4D, although similar to Vaser Hi-Def works well with the existing muscle tissue.. However, it results in more natural appearing definition to those areas, being treated. Vaser 4D is often applied to treating abdominal region to improve definition.  Additionally, it's not uncommon for Vaser Liposuction to combined with fat transfer which removes and transfers fat to another area of the body. 

It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

Indications for vaser liposuction (or any liposuction)

There must be sufficient subcutaneous fat for any liposuction procedure, whether vaser, laser or classical liposuction to be of benefit.

No liposuction technology is of much benefit if the primary problem is loose skin. A small amount of excess fat can be removed if the patient so desires, but loose skin will remain. Skin tightening does not occur to a significant degree, although with laser liposuction and some other technologies a modest degree of skin tightening can occur.

The main reason to undergo a liposuction procedure is to remove diet and exercise resistant fat. If there is too much loose skin, then to achieve a tight, smooth appearance a tummy tuck is needed for the abdomen.
While an in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon will be necessary to truly answer your question, there does appear to be some fat in the lower abdomen, bra rolls and flanks that may benefit from liposuction, including vaser liposuction.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon